Having trouble setting up a custom domain on Tumblr through FatCow? Do not worry, it is possible. You can use your FatCow domain name on Tumblr, or do what I did and create a subdomain for your Tumblr blog. I use FatCow for most of my web hosting needs (I love the fact that they use solely wind power!) But, setting up an A-Record change on through their domain center tool required a bit of doing. Here is how:
- Open your FatCow control panel and select the DomainCenter option
- Hit the “+” button, on the domain you wish to modify, to open the options
- Select the DNS tab
- If you see two textboxes containing your nameservers you will need to do a live chat with FatCow tech support. I let them know I wanted to be able to change my A-Records and they made a quick change to my account that enabled the additional access.
- Otherwise, select the A-Record option.
- To change your domains A-Record simply hit edit and paste the I.P. address provided by Tumblr.
- To setup a subdomain, add your subdomain name (ex blog) and the I.P. address provided by Tumblr.
Thats it! You are warned that these changes can take between 24-48 hours. Although, I found that the change was instant! Hope you have the same luck. Feel free to comment or find me on twitter if you have any questions!